NORC RN Per Diem, Personal Care, Manhattan Bilingual Cantonese
Company: VNS Health
Posted on: November 16, 2023
OverviewThe NORC Nurse works as a member of an interdisciplinary
care team at a NORC site location and is responsible for the
integration of health focused information, education, assessment,
advocacy, and linkage to care for residents who live within the
boundaries of the NORC program. The goal of all interventions is to
engage residents into self-care management health strategies that
support successful community living.Responsibilities
- Work in collaboration with the identified NORC site staff.
- Provide health focused outreach to seniors who may benefit from
supportive services provided by the program.
- Health promotion activities including, health screening, health
assessment, health care linkages, health care referrals and health
- Telephone calls, and home visits to individual residents aimed
at assessing their needs and supporting successful community living
- Referral to appropriate health services based on the assessed
needs of the resident.
- Health Care Advocacy: acting as a liaison between the various
healthcare systems, during times of transition.
- Participation in the Quality Assurance Program and Education
Program as requested by the Clinical Manager.
- Please note that there is no "hands on care" provided by NORC
nurses at NORC site locations, and those in need of direct care
services are referred to their physician or to appropriate health
care services that will address their particular needs.
- Documentation of all nursing interventions provided as required
by site location and entry into site data base.
- Performs related duties as assigned.QualificationsEDUCATION: -
- - - - - - - - -
- High School Diploma or Equivalency.EXPERIENCE: Preferred
- At least one year of clinical background as an RN
- Prior home care experience in a LHCSA or CHHA setting Strong
clinical assessment skills
- Experience with an aging population and their health needs
- Understanding of community resources, a plus
- Will consider recent graduates or those with less experience
based on their life experience and interest in working with an
aging population - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - -OTHER: - - - - - - -
- Must be Licensed as an RN to practice in the State of New
Keywords: VNS Health, Edison , NORC RN Per Diem, Personal Care, Manhattan Bilingual Cantonese, Other , Avenel, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!