Ocean Import Specialist
Company: Savino Del Bene
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Ocean Import Specialist
Savino Del Bene is a Global Freight Forwarding Company
headquartered in Florence, Italy. With more than 285 offices and
4,800 employees globally, Savino Del Bene is one of the leading
logistics companies that offers import, export, customs brokerage
services and warehousing third-party solutions servicing several
Vertical Markets. We are currently looking for an Ocean Import
Specialist to join our team. We are looking for a motivated and
passionate candidate to become part of our high-paced, professional
Ocean import team.
Essential Job Functions:
- Receive, review, and process import documentation for
- Ensure documentation is accurately processed, distributed, and
released to carriers, customers and agents in a timely
- Obtain and create quotes for shipments and source the best
method of transportation.
- Work with Brokerage or CFS to coordinate and monitor the
release of goods from the carrier, Customs, or other governmental
agency examinations that may be required.
- Communicate with overseas agents to ensure proper pre-alerts
- Continue to explore different options to reduce cost, and
- Track and trace shipments and provide updates to clients and
- Uphold a strong and professional relationship with airlines,
transportation agencies, and sales.
- Demonstrate an emphasis on customer satisfaction per company
- Maintain shipment files and ensure billing is completed in a
- Assist as a backup for alternate accounts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to perform essential job functions with or without
- Other job duties as assigned
Must be able to work on-site, this is not a remote role
- Excellent verbal, written, and listening communication
- Commitment to teamwork with all other functional areas
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Internet and Windows
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities
- Must possess excellent customer service skills with the ability
to grasp extensive knowledge while dealing with a variety of
- Must have strong organizational and time management
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret verbal and written
requests and directions.
- Must have the ability to compose letters, memos, emails and
other written documentation clearly and concisely.
- Be able to present one s self in a highly cooperative and
professional manner when meeting both internal and external
customers and vendors face to face.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Salary based on experience
- 401k with a match
- Full medical benefits
- Vacation, Sick and PTO time
Keywords: Savino Del Bene, Edison , Ocean Import Specialist, Other , Avenel, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!